Located at: Fort Belvoir, VA
Akira Technologies, Inc., a certified Small Business and HubZone company is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer who will provide assessments of infrastructure modernization/project costs, design concepts, or design changes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate/document design specifications, installation instructions, and other infrastructures/system related information.
- Verify stability, interoperability, portability, security, or scalability of system architecture.
- Collaborate with engineers or software develops to select appropriate design solutions or ensure a compatible of infrastructure/system components, i.e. COT integration.
- Evaluate current or emerging technologies to consider factors such as cost, portability, compatibility, or usability.
- Provide technical guidance or support for the development or troubleshooting of systems.
- Identify information communications technology (ICT) infrastructure components required to meet requirements and ensure secured systems.
- Analyze the integration and operation of complete ICT infrastructure components and systems.
- Investigate system components suitability for specified purposes and make recommendations regarding component use.
- Plan or execute the installation, upgrade, and/or tech refresh of infrastructure components, as required.
- Configure components to meet requirements and specifications.
- Develop or approve project plans, schedules, or budgets.
- Define and analyze objectives, spoke, issues, or organizational impact of ICT infrastructure.
- Develop system integration implementation plans.
- Design, conduct, or review hardware or software tests.
- Establish standards to ensure operational requirements, quality requirements, and design constraints are addressed.
- Evaluation existing infrastructure to determine effectiveness and suggest changes to meet requirements.
- Research, test, or verify proper functions of patches and fixes.
- Communicate project information through presentations, technical reports, or white papers.
- Analyze or predict system performance under different operating conditions.
- Train system users in systems operation or maintenance.
- Perform security analysis of developed or package software components.
- Have an understanding and experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations; analyze information from multiple sources to compile a complete, holistic solution within their areas of expertise; and easily communicate those recommendations and issues to high-level commanders/executives to influence decisions that support the organization’s overall strategic plan.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years as a Systems Engineer.
- Possess an active secret clearance.
Akira is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.