Montgomery, AL; Mechanicsburg, PA; Oklahoma City, OK
Akira Technologies is looking for a UNIX System Administrator to support our DISA project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties of the position are based on System Administrator tasks that include the following;
- Experience with Solaris 11, HP-UX 11.31, AIX 7.2 TL1, Oracle Enterprise Linux 6.x
- Administer UNIX operating systems running on multiple flavors/versions
- Install, configure, maintain, manage, and troubleshoot UNIX based OS and associated components such as the OS, File System, hardware issues, kernel and OS performance, DNS, network attached storage, Storage Area Networks, and networking components including Virtual Local Area Net- works, BIOS, and bonded network interfaces
- Provide 8×5 and on call support to resolve OE and/or application outages and performance degradations and provide after-hours support per DISA processes for scheduled and unscheduled support (ASIs, maintenance, etc.) to include working non-prime shifts
- Install, configure, administer, and support secure remote access utilities and applications including: Secure Shell, Secure Web Access, Virtualization (HyperVisor, VMWare, etc.), and Remote X server access
- Manage clustering at the OS level, leveraging clustering software as well as other clustering packages (ex. Solaris cluster, Linux clustering, etc.)
- Utilize UNIX scripting (Bourne, Korn, PERL, BASH, Powershell and other DISA standard tools) to optimize and automate system administrator tasks
- Provide technical support for disaster recovery efforts (actual or simulated) to include disaster recovery documentation.
- Perform hardware and software technology refreshes, ensuring compliance with tight timelines while coordinating with MPs to minimize disruptions.
- Manage all tickets (incident, problem, change, service requests, etc.) in accordance with DISA policies and any MP SLAs. This encompasses any ticketing system used to record tickets utilized by DISA personnel in support of mission requirements
- Analyze, monitor, troubleshoot, and diagnose operating environments to ensure system optimization, confidentiality, integrity, availability, and functionality are within parameters per DoD, DISA guidance, as well as MP SLA and applicable vendor recommendations.
- Implement and sustain Lightweight Directory Access Protocol solutions, to include policy management and compliance with Hardening guidance
Education and Years of Experience:
- Min of 5 years of experience
- IA and OS certificate per DoD 8570/8140
- Current Active Secret clearance
Min. Citizenship Status Required: US Citizen only
- Montgomery, AL
- Mechanicsburg, PA
- Oklahoma City, OK
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Akira is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.