Located at: Fort Belvoir, VA
Akira Technologies, Inc., a certified Small Business and HubZone company is seeking a Senior Quality Assurance Manager who will be responsible for the life cycle quality of goods and services through incorporating value-added assurance practices into Command technology, acquisition and logistics processes.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develops Command program policies, resolves critical problems or issues related to policy application and coordinates major program functions within PM.
- Provides policy guidance to action officers and technical experts to facilitate uniform application of quality assurance practices.
- Manages quality assurance core competencies including; quality systems management, quality engineering, product quality management, verification & validation, and software quality.
- Oversees development (education, training and experience) of quality assurance professionals.
- Affirms effective ECC-wide application of quality assurance principles through evaluation and measurement.
- Continually assesses activities within PM and actively explores opportunities to leverage the best practices and lessons learned of other agencies and organizations toward improving the effectiveness and efficiency of quality processes.
- Assigns work to subordinates based on priorities, difficulty of assignments and the capabilities of employees. Provide technical oversight.
- Ensures all assigned taskers/project actions are completed in accordance with the guidance provided.
- Conducts continuous evaluations of team functions and processes and initiate appropriate action to improve or simplify operations.
- Have an understanding and experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations; analyze information from multiple sources to compile a complete, holistic solution within their areas of expertise; and easily communicate those recommendations and issues to high-level commanders/executives to influence decisions that support the organization’s overall strategic plan.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience as a Quality Assurance Manager.
- Possesses an active secret clearance.
Akira is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.