Located at: Fort Belvoir, VA
Akira Technologies, Inc., a certified Small Business and HubZone company is seeking a Senior KM Specialist who will implement Knowledge Management initiatives and coordinate KM efforts across PM and subordinate organizations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversees fiscal, operational, administrative, and human resources management of the program.
- Identify internal/external best KM practices and provide a framework to ensure the capture, harnessing and exploitation of intellectual capital.
- The framework developed includes rules and policies for knowledge workers to abide by in documenting, controlling and organizing the captured knowledge to realize maximum utility and speed of access to enhance their job performance and mission contribution.
- Embrace all types of knowledge used by knowledge workers to include general, specific, widely shared, as well as that which must be shared among a specified few.
- Develop and implement policy and program guidance governing the implementation and management of Knowledge Management initiatives.
- Policies and guidance pertain to all aspects of this program, including knowledge creation, capture, sharing (collaboration), use and transfer.
- Determine the knowledge content; how it will be structured, shared, controlled and made easily accessible for the non-homogenous needs of the Knowledge Management community. Develop guidance and policy on processes to institutionalize KM practices.
- Defines and establishes KM tasks in coordination with government team; provide advice on needed resources, and monitor/lead project progress to ensure that work is accomplished in a timely and effective manner.
- Implements methodologies for sharing these best KM practices across the entire community using KM knowledge maps, virtual teaming, online meetings, and other synchronous and asynchronous KM technology enablers.
- Contributes to the design, set up and maintenance of internal/external supporting websites and portals used for explicit and tacit knowledge exchange.
- Coaches and champions online communities of practice, mentors, topic leaders, and coaches across the initial entry training community.
- Implements strategies to effectively use and share explicit and tacit knowledge; monitors and maintains processes for identifying and supporting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), mentors, and coaches; facilitates the sharing of best business practices across the enterprise.
- Provides guidance to Lessons Learned Teams responsible for identifying and capturing best practice information for inclusion into KM systems. Identifies and assists in establishing roles and responsibilities for supporting a knowledge management environment; builds knowledge teams; develops and implements migration plan for content to support and promote knowledge management; supports and maintains the continuous development of new organizational and online communities of practice; promotes knowledge (both tacit and explicit) as assets to the organization; supports and implements a change management program to assist in moving towards a knowledge-centric culture.
- Applies techniques to support this task to include the use of knowledge mapping, knowledge taxonomies, knowledge audits and other techniques required to assess the needs of the sustainment and logistics community.
- Have an understanding and experience with large, complex IT projects and organizations; analyze information from multiple sources to compile a complete, holistic solution within their areas of expertise; and easily communicate those recommendations and issues to high-level commanders/executives to influence decisions that support the organization’s overall strategic plan.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s degree or equivalent.
- 10+ years of experience as a KM Specialist.
- Possesses an active secret clearance.
Akira is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.