Akira Technologies, Inc., a certified Small Business andHubZone company is seeking an experienced SecuritySpecialist to join our team. TheSecurity Specialist will be part of a team providing identity management (IDM)services to a government customer. This position is responsible for the analysis of system and/or security requirements, the development and implementation of the IDM system for the agency’s Information Technology operations.
The Security Specialist will serve as a technical expert in reviewing and implementing the ongoing system operations of IDM network infrastructure. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Actively promote security posture and awareness to management and implement security improvements.
- Serve as the technical expert for IT Security, participate in the development of corporate or agency IT security practices and guidelines, and recommend policies for security.
- Work with the Chief Security Architect to ensure that all government customer and privacy considerations and requirements are addressed.
- Ensure the design of the distributed IDM components passes the required Security Controls Assessments.
- Ensure effective contractor support for the government customer and the SCA Contractor and other auditors as required.
- Job involves independent research, implementations and daily operational assignments.
Skills and Experience
- Knowledge and experience with and enforcement of security documentation, including but not limited to NIST 800-53 and NIST 800-63
- Good analytical skills, initiative and ability to learn Agile programming security concepts and policies and apply them to work assignments.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Java and Node.js strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of technologies including Windows, Active Directory and UNIX.
- Strong technical skills and understanding of information systems, database security, application security, network security and network protocols, firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, log management, network behavior analysis, vulnerability scan tools and processes.
- Experience in implementing safeguard features of distributed operating systems, databases, and applications.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills are must.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree
- Five years of related experience
- One of more of the following certifications:
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Server+
- AWS Cloud Certification OR Training
- CompTIA Cloud+
*All cover pages, resumes, and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org