The Scrum Master will be part of a team providing identity management (IDM) services to a government customer. The Scrum Master acts as the primary liaison between the customer BusinessUnits, Information Technology (IT) and 3rd party vendors. The optimum candidate will be able to forecast the numbers of deliverables possible in an iteration and demonstrate excellent conflict resolution skills and the ability to coach the team in Agile practices. The Scrum Master manages and oversees the operations of business analyst/testers and other Scrum Team members and their interactions with customer business components and manage the scrum process with the coordination of scrum team.
The Scrum Master ensures analysis and design artifacts meet or exceed established Service Level Objectives and applicable customer standards. The Scrum Master works in close collaboration with the scrum team, Application Business Owners, the government task lead team, IDM subject Matter Experts (SMEs), and/or architects and developers, as well as the IDM product vendors, other contractors, and other staff to ensure the availability and reliability of the distributed IDM solution (IDaaS, IGAaaS, RIDP, and MFA).
The Scrum Master’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provides guidance and subject matter expertise to manage the scrum process with the cooperation of the scrum team.
- Provide Agile testing guidance and expertise to the scrum/Agile team(s). Ensures the team adheres to defined Agile processes.
- Runs Agile meetings (daily standups, sprint planning, program increment planning, retrospectives, etc.).
- Resolution / Escalation of inadequate or ill-defined user stories – ensuring Product Owner accountability.
- Removing barriers and shielding the team from external interference.
- Assists Product Owner with keeping the project on task and on target and manage risks.
- Ensure adequate testing resources are allocated for releases/sprints, migrations, and ticket-level testing.
- Manages testing tasks and ensures that all business and system requirements are properly captured, analyzed, tested and implemented in the distributed IDM environment.
- Leads meetings with business owners, etc.
- Validates requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure they can be tested properly.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s of Science with 5 years experience of which 3 is relevant.
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience providing IDM business analysis and design expertise and scrum team leadership on a program, or programs, of similar complexity and importance to the Government.
- Demonstrated knowledge and/or experience with one or more of the core IDM products (Okta IDaaS, Experian Precise ID RIDP, and Saviynt IGAaaS) is also preferred.
- Experience with Jira and Confluence (strongly preferred)
- Demonstrated skills in interviewing business units, stakeholders and technical leaders to gather and clarify business requirements is required.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and experience of agile methodologies and frameworks like Scrum, Kanban, Extreme Programing (XP), etc.
- Demonstrates extensive knowledge and experience using Agile techniques like User Stories, Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD), Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing and Agile Games.
- Demonstrates excellent skills coaching the team to follow agile scrum processes that are effective.
- Demonstrates the basic fundamentals of iterative and incremental development and has a strong knowledge of Scrum theory, rules and practices.
- Demonstrates knowledge of, and value of, metrics and incremental delivery, tasks, backlog tracking, burn down metrics, velocity, user stories, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to ensure the correct use of scrum process and expertise in estimation and planning is required.
*All cover pages, resumes, and questions can be sent to email@example.com