Job Title: Proposal Coordinator
The Proposal Coordinator is a pivotal member of the organization who must be an effective team player capable of coordinating the development of each proposal effort, in addition to other support directives. Taking a proactive and hands-on approach, the Proposal Coordinator reports to the Proposal Manager as part of the Bids and Proposals Team. The ideal candidate must be willing to tackle tasks head first, be comfortable with shifting priorities, and comfortable working with and coordinating efforts with contributors from across the organization. Akira Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Proposal Coordinator who, most importantly, is adaptable and can work to fulfill all assignments and requirements within deadlines, adding value to proposal processes. This position contributes to all tasks inherent in the proposal lifecycle: researching, interviewing, writing, coordinating and editing key elements, including but not limited to past performances and other targeted sections of the proposal. The Proposal Coordinator will possess the flexibility to adjust to unexpected changes in requirements and the motivation and commitment to see these efforts through. The ideal candidate is highly selfmotivated; a team player; maintains a positive disposition; is organized, meticulous, creative, and a fast learner; and brings a strong desire to tackle challenges as an opportunity to develop new skills and contribute to company objectives and growth.
As required, and with the support and oversight of the Proposal Manager:
• Works closely with the Director of Proposals, Proposal Manager, Technical Leads and Business Development Team to coordinate proposal efforts, including identification of needed steak holders (proposal team members) and input, timeline and action planning, and coordination of proposal development and submission.
• Provide support to proposal personnel as required for all stages of the proposal development process from opportunity identification through submission.
• Serve as the scribe for working group sessions and major proposal meetings, recording topics, action items and responsibilities and getting the information distributed to the attendees in a timely manner following the session/meeting.
• Communicates effective proposal objectives, coordinates inputs for bid efforts, and assists in broader bid preparation and production aspects.
• Creates schedules, instructions, outlines and templates to control proposal development.
• Maintains and updates proposal repository.
• Create opportunity summary matrices.
• Supports final proposal production and submission, as well as assists proposal team through necessary unit-level and corporate bid reviews, protocols, and decisions.
• Take direction from Proposal Manager to supervise day-to-day proposal production activities, including coordination with and scheduling proposal production and associated resources for final production.
• Helps ensure vital flow of communication and task management between contributors.
• Analysis of proposal requirements, instructions, and evaluation criteria.
• Conduct review and quality control for proposal submission. Ensure proposal content aligns with requirements of RFPs.
• Edits and coordinates proposal sections as they develop (including managing file turnaround time) and maintains close liaison with technical proposal team contributors.
• Combines text and input from multiple sources to create unified and cohesive prose.
• Assist Proposal Manager and Proposal Lead with writing section drafts (as appropriate)
• Reviews submissions, ensuring input meets specified requirements and level of quality.
• Perform desktop publishing in MS Word, and other tools (e.g. Adobe Acrobat) to ensure proposal documents are properly formatted, compliant with RFP requirements, easy to read, and visually appealing (as needed).
• Accomplishes organizational goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
• Additional tasks as necessary.
Bachelor’s degree in a related field of study. Minimum Qualifications / Requirements
• Minimum 2-4 years of proposal preparation, development, writing and analysis experience.
• Must have an understanding of Federal Government procurement policies and practices as they relate to Request for Proposals (RFPs).
• This position requires demonstrated initiative, flexibility, and attention to detail; excellent communication (written and verbal) skills; proven technology skills; ability to work independently and in groups effectively; time management skills; and strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to constructively interact with all levels of personnel.
• Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), as well as Adobe Acrobat.
• Ability to balance multiple projects and be proactive and flexible to meet deadlines. • Ability and willingness to occasionally work outside of normal business hours and weekends (only when necessary to meet a deadline).
*All cover pages, resumes, and questions can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org