JOB TITLE: Communications Engineer Senior
SUMMARY: Design and implementation of Wide Area communication architectures utilizing a wide range of protocols and encryption technologies for high bandwidth applications for wide area communication architectures and other data communications networks. Performs network modeling, analysis, and planning. May also design network and computer security measures. May research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Design and implementation of wide area communication architectures used by the DoD and other communication networks supported by DISA worldwide.
- Manage and monitor the performance of existing communications networks.
- Work as part of a team of communication engineers and planners
- Work with project timescales and specifications with clients and managers
- Undertake site surveys
- Produce, test and implement designs
- Create test procedures
- Produce disaster management plans
- Ensure objectives and deadlines are met
- Write reports and documentation
- Make presentations
- Manage resources
- Liaison with customers and team staff.
- Undertake relevant research
- Analyze and interpreting data
- Provide technical support
- organize and attend meetings.
- Secret DoD security clearance, T5 investigation
- DoD 8570/8140 IAT-I level access certification, vendor network certification (professional or higher)
- Current Security + or comparable certification (IAW DoDD 8570)
- Minimum 10+ years’ experience in the design and implementation of complex Datacenter and Enterprise Network infrastructure in a multi-vendor environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in a comparable technical field
- ITIL Foundation certification
TYPE POSITION: Full Time, Contractor
LOCATION: Columbus, OH; Oklahoma City, OK and Montgomery, AL
START DATE: June 1st, 2019
DURATION: 3 years
*All cover pages, resumes, and questions can be sent to email@example.com