Located at: Fort Belvoir, VA
Akira Technologies, Inc., a certified Small Business and HubZone company is seeking an Intermediate Acquisition/ Contracting Subject Matter Expert who will work with the program to identify all contracting actions and required information related to the execution of the program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide expertise in contracting fundamentals, legal considerations, overhead management, contract pricing and source selection planning, tracking and execution.
- Support program reviews for contract performance and industry partner execution.
- Support integration efforts with other contracting personnel to identify and resolve problems.
- Coordinate and prepare all contract related documents, review the contract language for relevancy and appropriateness, make recommendations to PM regarding contracting strategies, as required.
- Support long-range contracting planning for assigned projects and the preparation of program briefings for higher headquarters.
- Develop and update reoccurring contract reports, as needed.
- Possess knowledge of preaward and postaward procedures to plan and conduct the contracting process from the description of the requirements through contract delivery.
- Evaluate or monitor contract performance to determine necessity for amendments or extensions of contracts, and compliance to contractual obligations.
- Provide support in the areas of contract monitoring, tracking, suspenses, current contracting processes and procedures, recommend improvements, develop briefings, research and provide contract policy guidance and regulations.
- Evaluate requests for deviations from contract specifications and delivery schedules. Assist in arbitration of claims or complaints occurring in performance of contracts.
- Assist in analyzing price proposals, financial reports, and other data to determine reasonableness of prices.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- 6-9 years of experience as an Acquisition/ Contracting Subject Matter Expert.
- Level II Contracting DAWIA certified or civilian equivalent.
- Possesses an active secret clearance.
Akira is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.